Unfortunately we are now closed until further noticeFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
It’s always a good time at the Sump in Burton upon Trent. Our beautiful riverside location overlooks not only the river Trent, but across the washlands and over the town itself. This makes us the perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day at work or even a morning of sightseeing. You can take in the views from our outside garden or get comfy inside, either way, we’re glad to see you.
If you’re popping in for a bite to eat we serve all types of food, from our curries to burgers and the grill, through to the traditional pub meals. We have a special kids menu for the youngsters. This can be enjoyed inside or outside in the summer months. For those stopping by for a drink we have it all, cold draught lager, craft beers, wine, cocktails and of course lots of soft drinks. And we’re proud to be at the heart of our community. Our events are always popular, from our weekly quiz night to the pub games and live music. We’re here to have a great time, so what are you waiting for? Come and join our fun!
Our Pub Facilities
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
We want to ensure you have the best experience possible when you visit, and our menus continue to offer your favourite pub dishes at an unsurpassed quality.
We always think of those guests who have special dietary requirements when developing our menus so there is always a choice of vegetarian, vegan and NGCI dishes. In addition, we have full allergen information available on pub web pages, via our online app and printed copies in our pubs.
We’re continually innovating to bring you both new tastes and new dishes, whilst ensuring your pub favourites are always available and the best they can be.
I am sure you will agree, there really is something for everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you with a friendly smile, this is your local.View our Menus